Our priorities are to work with adults 50+ and include adults of all ages and abilities. We aim to awaken the inner child by using exciting and healthy leisure activities, to enhance health and well-being, making new friendships and gain new confidence along the way. We create opportunities to maximise accessibility, working closely with leisure providers and offer the best possible off peak prices. Our activities are normally around weekday and school term times, between 11am and 2pm, when most Carers are available to accompany some older adults who may require assistance or support, to keep out with rush hour for those older adults who use public transport independently and may have school pick up/drop off responsibilities. For activities based in Glasgow, we normally meet at the venue and for rural activities we meet at a central point in Glasgow and travel together. Please read our Risk Enablement section and contact us for further information. We look forward to connecting with you!
Our Social Enterprise has no share holders and is run mostly by Volunteers.
- We are an innovative, community centered seedling. Hoping to grow very soon into a flourishing social enterprise company to the contribute to the public health agenda in the context of health and wellbeing using leisure occupations.
- We hope our roots will be embedded with a strong occupational therapy philosophy- valuing occupation is a unique perspective of occupational therapy.
- Occupational Therapists believe Occupation correlates with health and wellbeing…healthy and balanced occupations lead to healthy and balanced health outcomes. Immersed in principles of human rights , social justice via wider accessibility, community centeredness and connectedness.
- We hope our tree trunk will stand tall and courageous to challenge stereotypes, stigma and barriers. Branching out to promote physical and mental health & social functioning via meaningful, adventurous and fun local leisure occupations for more adults in our communities.
- Our fruits will be the smiles, feelings of invigoration and happiness after enabling and enhancing occupations. Aims are for individuals to engage in satisfying healthy occupations, simultaneously having a good social life and feeling safe enough to let go of fear and rediscover the inner child!